Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I feel like me again!

Have you ever just nailed a run?  Have you ever feel 100 times better after a run?  Have you ever felt whole again after a run?

That is how I felt last night.  Because of sick kids, I missed my morning run yesterday.  My husband was leaving for work at the time I try to hit the treadmill and J was tossing, turning, and crying.  I knew I would be 1/2 mile into my run and he would be screaming for me and wake up his little brother.  I made the decision to skip the morning run and move it to an evening run.  I now hate and dread running at night but I knew I had to do it last night.  Boy was I glad I ran!

It was not a long run.  It was not even intervals.  It was 4 miles at a steady pace followed by 4 20 second sprints.  For the first time since the marathon, I felt like me again after that run! 

2 comments:

  1. Good job at getting your run in! I've been there and felt that way many times!

    ReplyDelete