Friday, December 31, 2010

What a year! And looking forward!

I ran my first stand alone 5k and my first marathon this year.  I did another sprint triathlon and the Ocean Drive 10 mile race for the second time.  I ran a total of 964.79 miles and I am thrilled with it.  It was really my first year of training for something and only my second full year of running.  I started running in September of 2008. 

I survived another year with my two boys and L survived another year.  That kid will be lucky if he makes it through childhood in one piece!  I will be lucky if I survive his childhood too.  He sure is a tough one. 

John and I celebrated our 5th anniversary with a 4 day trip without the boys.  That was a first for us. 

On to 2011!!!

My goals for this year are and how I plan on achieving each...

  • PR in the Ocean Drive 10 mile the end of March.  Following a half marathon plan, doing intervals, and working on speed.
  • Run another full marathon and PR.  I have a rough time goal in my mind right now but won't set that until the summer.  The marathon will be in November again, either NYC or Philly. 
  • Lose 15 pounds.  I am sticking with WW
  • Plan and prepare healthier meals for the family.  Plan ahead, offer and encourage the boys to try new things, modify recipes to make them healthier.
  • Spend more one on one time with each of my boys.  I would like to spend 15-20 minutes with J after L goes to bed each night.  I already spend longer than that with L in the morning since he wakes up earlier than J.  I also plan on turning the tv off!
  • Take care of myself and feel "put together" on a daily basis.  I have already taken steps to work on this one!  I bought a few new shirts, had a makeup lesson last night and bought all new makeup, and just taking the time for ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment