Thursday, January 20, 2011

What a week! And three things Thursday!

I cannot wait for it to be Friday!  We are going out for dinner tomorrow night with my husband's parents, and his brother and wife.  We are leaving the kiddos at home.  I may even pour myself a glass of wine before the babysitter arrives at our house.

We have a lot going on right now and some of it is too personal to write about here.  Here are my Three Things Thursday...

1.  John is a restaurant manager and will be losing an assistant next week.  He has no idea when the assistant will be replaced.  His restaurant is on University of Pennsylvania's campus so he is pretty busy right now.  Losing a manager means more nights, longer days, and weekend shifts.  Loads of fun!  I am also gearing up for my busy season and will work some longer days and Saturdays.

2.  My mom had a hip replacement three years ago.  Back in December her hip popped out and she hit the ground pretty hard.  My dad called 911, took her to the hospital, and they popped it back in.  She has been recovering but sore.  Well, hip popped out again.  My poor little 2 year old was there both times and watched Nana fall and not be able to move.  My sister thinks he reenacted her falling this morning for her.  He fell to the ground, got up and said Nana went to the hospital and is all fixed.  Yesterday was rough because we were unsure what was going to happen and if they would need to operate.  Thankfully she came home today fitted with a brace and no surgery!

3.  I have three runs left for the week.  One run will be tonight on the treadmill.  The last two will be outside this weekend in freezing cold weather.  It is supposed to be 21 degrees on Saturday and 23 on Sunday.  I will be out there running!

No comments:

Post a Comment