Friday, October 15, 2010

Not a good running week for me

And I am surprisingly ok with it!  This is a stepback week for me on my plan and it was good timing.  The total weekly miles was supposed to be 32 which I thought was a little high for a stepback week considering my mileage for last week.  I was aiming for 28 for the week.  That is not going to happen!!  I will be lucky if I hit 22.  I took a rest day on Monday, ran 3.13 on Tuesday, and 5 1/2 on Wednesday.  My plan was to hit the treadmill last night after L went to bed and that was tossed out the window when John's friend came over.  They hit the basement for a movie so no treadmill run for me.  I rearranged and thought I would run this morning and do my 13 mile long run sometime over the weekend.  No run for me this morning.  J has other plans.  John is already at work and I don't mind leaving both boys sleeping upstairs for me to run in the basement but J was sobbing and did not want to be left alone.  He was sound asleep, I would make a move to get out of bed, and he would start crying again.  My kids will always come first!!

Not sure of our plans for the weekend yet.  I may still be able to get two runs in.  I should be able to get two in but I am not going to get my hopes up considering the way the week has been.  I will get my 13 miles in.  And who knows maybe I will tack on an extra mile or two if I can't get that second mile in.

This kind of week came at a good time.  I think my body was screaming for a bit of a rest anyway.  This week forced me to take it.  My Achilles has definitely been a little off so a good rest week might just have been necessary!

3 comments:

  1. not a good running week for me either. i actually feel better about it since ready that you are ok with your week. :) I've got a cough that just wont go away....there's always next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sadly, there are weeks like that. don't let it bog you down though dear. I'm sure it can't get any worse. Which means...next week will be better =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This week was terrible for me! Sounds like you did pretty good though. Maybe a rest is just the thing, and you will come back stronger next week.

    ReplyDelete