Monday, October 18, 2010

Time sure does fly!

How was I 235 days from the marathon on April 1st when I registered and I am only 34 days from it now.  Up until last week I kept saying "oh the marathon is still ___ weeks away."  And now all of a sudden it is "It is only 5 weeks away!!" 

Like I said in my previous post, last week was not a good running week.  I can now say I finished out the entire week with a bad running week.  I think my 13 mile long run over the weekend was only about 7 1/2 because of dear little L who did not want to sleep past 5am or nap this weekend!

I am still feeling pretty good about last week.  I am confident I am going into my 3 toughest weeks before taper pretty rested and strong. 

I ran a strong 6.26 this morning.  I still don't have the rest of the week figured out completely.  Because of last week, I think I am just going to set the alarm every morning for 4:30 and run what I can.  My plan is a total of 20 miles going into the weekend and then 18 on Sunday.  Saturday is a planned rest day.  The other rest day depends on the boys.  If I get four weekday runs in by Friday morning, I am sleeping in! 

I am still trying to figure out nutrition for the marathon.  The stops will have water and Gatorade and a few will have GU.  I am good with all three but I am not sure about how much and how often.  I don't feel as though I was properly fueled for my 17 miles last weekend.  My time to figure that out is running out!

5 comments:

  1. GU Roctane ALWAYS makes me run fast. Do try it in one of your long runs and you'll see what I mean. It's like you can run all day! LOL! I only take it with water though and just take Gatorade before and after the run. =)

    I feel your excitement!!! Good luck girl =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try those out! Thanks! I might have one or two from winning a giveaway. I am excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck figuring the fueling out. I found that early on I needed Gu on an every five mile schedule and then later in the race I needed to hit the powerade/gatorade. In my first marathon, I drank so much gatorade in the last 10 miles that I was convinced I was going to lose it at some point. I must have needed it though because I didn't hurl and actually didn't need to pee for more than an hour afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh,and yes, I am looking at the Ocean drive marathon (and more likely the 10 mile race...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ate Gu/salt tabs every 4 miles or so...starting at mile 2. And make sure you drink enough!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete