Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What a Weekend!

The weekend was great but such a whirlwind!  We left our house at 8:15 Friday morning and drove the 20 minutes to the inlaws.  We left their house at 9 and arrived at the hotel the burbs of Boston at 3:45.  My boys did fabulous on the car ride.  I am still in shock.  It rained the entire drive up so it made for an interesting day.  Oh and I did all of the driving.  We checked in at the hotel and went right to John's aunt and uncle's house.  All of the cousins and their families were there so it was a great night.

John and I did not get much sleep Friday night because L partied like a rockstar until close to midnight at the hotel.  Our room had 2 queen beds so John had J in bed and I had L.  L was all over the bed and I constantly checked to make sure he was not going to fall off the bed.  J, on the other hand, did fall off the bed in the middle of the night. 

We were off to Boston early Saturday morning for the first annual Boston Brain Tumor Walk.  It was great to be able to participate and support our family!  The walk was followed by more family time.  We were on our way home Sunday.

This weekend could not have come at a better time for me.  One of the cousin's husbands is a marathon runner.  Being able to talk in person with someone after my sucky 16 miler really helped.  Paul gave me tons of tips and things to think about.  I am looking forward to my 17 on Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I always love talking to the more experienced runners. you always learn something you and you feel so motivated after. =)Happy tuesday! =)

    ReplyDelete