Thursday, September 30, 2010

16 Done and in the books!

I really have nothing positive to say about the 16 miles I ran yesterday other than it is done.  Because of family life and obligations, I was stuck on the treadmill for this run.  I have confessed before that I don't mind the treadmill but who wants to be on it for 16 miles!!  We are heading out of town tomorrow for the weekend and there just was not enough daylight hours during the week to get 16 in.  I knew I could not use that as an excuse to run it.  At mile 9 I texted a friend telling him I was at mile 9 of 16 and I wanted to quit.  Here was the few texts we exchanged...

Me:  Please tell me I can do this.  I am stuck on the treadmill for my long run this week.  Not ideal but family gets in the way this week.  I am 9 into 16 and I just want to quit. 

Him: Aaaaaahhhhhhh - right now is when you decide if you want to quit more than you want to finish!  We both know the answer - chug on woman!

Him:  I told you October was going to suck - you're 2 days early.

Me: No, you told John October was going to suck.  I can do this. I will do this.  Thanks!

Him: haha - you knew this day was coming!  Get through it and own it!

It sucked but I got through it with the help of his words.  He did tell my husband that October was going to suck for him because running, marathon, and training would be all I would be able to talk about.  He failed to tell me it would also suck for me! 

I struggled for most of the run and I can't even say being on the treadmill made the run so terrible.  I need to figure out this nutrition thing.  When I started training for the marathon the first week of July I started running early in the morning.  I think my body has adjusted to running at 5am so a run at 8pm was difficult.  I could not sleep once I was done.  It was at least 2am before I fell asleep.  My legs felt better this morning than I expected!

I have 17 next weekend and need to figure something out.  We are heading to Harrisburg for the day on Saturday and John is working on Sunday.  I am going to line up someone for the boys so I can get outside.  I think I need to do the same thing for the last weekend of October.  I am fortunate enough to have family that love my boys! 

My run yesterday put me at 132.1 miles for the month.  This seems absurd for me!!

2 comments:

  1. woah 16 miles on a treadmill?! That's ok girl. At least you were still able to run, right? Hope you feel better on your next. Smile =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just did my 16 miler this weekend as well! Philly here we come. :)

    ReplyDelete