Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Taper sucks

There, I said it!  I hate everything about this week.  I am exhausted.  I am miserable.  I have no patience for my kids.  My weight is up a good 3 pounds.  I have never trained for a race like I have this marathon so this is my first time dealing with a true taper period.  I am not a big drinker and don't typically drink when I am training but I may have to have a glass of wine every night this week!

I am down to 5 days!  I have three more runs left before the marathon.  I have less than 10 miles to run.  The rest of this week should fly!  J has his first karate tournament Saturday morning and is allowed to go to class three nights this week to prepare.  We had a family dinner last night so the three nights are tonight, tomorrow, and Thursday.  I am leaving work early today to take him.  I am actually leaving my office at noon today and will not be back in.  I have to go to a client's office and then run some errands before I pick J up for class at 4:30.  I took a vacation day on Friday to head over to the city for the expo.  My mom will take the boys for a few hours so I can go over kid free!  I am looking forward to browsing at the expo.

I signed up for a pace group for the marathon.  I am not stuck on a time goal but I would like to break five hours (yes, I am a slow runner!) so I signed up for the 5 hour pace group.  I am not going to kill myself if I can't keep up though!  My main goal is to run the whole thing!

1 comment: