Thursday, November 11, 2010

Trusting my training

Or at least I keep telling myself that!  I registered for the Philly marathon on April 1st, the day registration opened.  I started to seriously consider it in January, February I was about 60% sure I was going to do it, and by the end of March I was about 95% sure.  Everything I have done fitness related this year has been for and because of the Philly Marathon!  I did not focus much time and energy on triathlons like I originally planned.  My main goal and focus for the year was 26.2!

I followed the training plan.  I made modifications as I had to but I ran the miles.  I need to trust my training over the next 10 days!  I just wish it were easy!

3 comments:

  1. Try not to freak out over the next few days...you'll followed the plan, trust it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can do it megan! like you said, trust your training =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did my 1st marathon in Oct 2007. I signed up New Yrs Day when registration opened. I was so nervous. Like you I spent the entire yr preparing mentally and physically for the big race. I put running 1st in my life (which I probably wouldn't do again!) I was so nervous the week leading up to the race, I nearly cried every night and the morning of the race I broke down in tears. But I did it, I crossed that finish line knowing I did something that I never thought possible of me (I never ran the mile in school even) it is such a great experience, and to this day I always tell ppl that is my biggest accomplishment. you go girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete