Monday, September 13, 2010

How training is like a pregnancy!

When I was pregnant with my first son, I started the weekly countdown around 25 weeks.  Every Thursday morning I would wake up and say "Only 15 weeks left til my due date."  This continued on until my due date came and sadly passed.  Every night after that my husband asked me what I was doing the next day since I was already on leave.  My answer was "Since I did not have a baby today, I want to have a baby tomorrow."  My second son was a scheduled c section since the first had to be forced out!  Once it was scheduled, every Monday morning I said "10 weeks until this pregnancy is over and we have this kid!"  Little did we know what was in store for us but that is another post! 

Every Sunday morning since I started training in July, the first thing I think is "____ more weeks until my first marathon!"  And then Sunday night I say "In ___ weeks I will be able to call myself a marathon runner!"  I don't even say it out loud anymore because my husband rolls his eyes at predictability of it now! 

Yesterday I out loud to myself "10 more weeks until my first marathon!"  And then I thought "Oh crap, 10 more weeks until my first marathon!"

2 comments:

  1. hehe, you sound just like me! (except I'm to "oh CRAP!4 weeks until I'm a marathoner. and how the HELL am I going to finish 20 whole miles in a ROW this week??")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me Bobbi, I think the same thing every week about my long run and I am up to 14 this week!

    ReplyDelete