Monday, September 6, 2010

My way of starting week 10

Six stitches in my right hand and a tetanus shot!  I was opening a can of black beans to make soup and I sliced my finger/hand.  John had just gone out to the garage and I yelled loud enough that he had no problems hearing me.  We knew right away it was an ER worthy cut!  Of course the night I have to go to the hospital, is the night that absolutely no one is around...his parents, my parents, my sister, his brother and family, both of our neighbors that we are close with, and my aunt!  He ended up wrapping it pretty tightly and sent me on my way.  Thankfully we live within 5 minutes of the hospital so driving myself was not that big of a deal.  I texted him and a few friends during my 3 hour ER visit.  My favorite text to a fellow runner was

"If I get stitches in my hand tonight, can I still run in the morning!"

Running was the second thing I thought of.  Swimming with the kids today was the first thing!  Luckily I had not mentioned taking them swimming before slicing my finger.  I decided to sleep in this morning but I will run tomorrow. 

The bad part of this injury is where I did it.  I cut it right at the base of my index finger so it is killing me every time I move it!  I also have to wrap my hand because a bandaid won't stay on it.  The nurse wrapped me up like I hurt my whole hand and wrist.

Yesterday marked 11 weeks til my first marathon. 

1 comment:

  1. Ouch...six stitches near your index finger sounds painful. Hopefully it'll start to be a little less painful soon!

    ReplyDelete