Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Product and customer service rave!

I recently contacted three companies about running socks.  I never had problems with socks until I started wearing orthotics.  I was constantly getting blisters where the arch of my foot should be.  I will not mention the name of all three companies.  I emailed them, explaining my issues, and asking if they could recommend a sock of theirs for me to try out.  Let me add a disclaimer here.  This is the first time I have ever done this and I expected nothing except a response.  One company never bothered to respond.  The second company shot me a very short email stating to purchase a few different socks they make and hope one worked for me.  They gave me no recommendations.  And then the third company...Thorlos!  A lovely woman named Susan responded and asked me all kinds of questions.  She asked me my shoe size, what shoe I am wearing, what my runs are, what I am training for, and loads of other questions.  We emailed back and forth a few times before she told me she was going to send me 2 pairs of socks to try out.   I gave her my address and within 3 days I had 2 pairs of socks in my mailbox!  She sent me a thick and a moderate cushioning.  I was amazed at the customer service!

I have since worn both pairs on my runs and it is a win win situation!!  Both pairs work for different runs.  The thick pair for my long runs and the moderate pair for all others.  I am ready to put in an order and will be a customer for as long as I am running!!

2 comments:

  1. Sweet, customer service is SO important to me when making purchases, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thorlos are great socks. Nice to hear that their customer service is as good as their product!

    ReplyDelete