Tuesday, September 21, 2010

When a run does not make sense

I did my long run for the week today.  It was only 13 miles since this is a stepback week for me.  My long run last week was 14 and I felt great.  I don't remember what my pace was but I was happy with it.  I know why I struggled through the run today.  I was tired.  I barely slept last night.  J has had a rough couple of days with his allergies and last night was terrible, resulting in a sleepness night for mama!  I took the day off today but still shipped the kids out this morning.  My mom watches the boys while I work so she took L this morning and I dropped J off at school.  I went home to sleep but it was not happening so I figured I would run.  I struggled through the entire 13 miles and almost quit several times.

I logged my run and my pace was about 25 seconds per mile faster than my pace for last week's run.  That does not make sense to me.  I also ran the last half of the 13 about a minute faster.  Again, that does not make sense to me. 

Who knows!!  I am just happy to have my long run out of the way for the week!  We are heading to the beach for the last weekend of the season.  I don't have to worry about fitting 13 miles in down there!

1 comment:

  1. This is a very nice post, so informative and interesting. Thanks for sharing such a great post.



    zbsports

    ReplyDelete