Saturday, August 21, 2010

DFL>DNF>DNS

I biked with my tri club for the first time this morning and I was DFL.  If you are not up on the terms, DFL means dead f___ last, DNF is did not finish and DNS is did not start.  I did the 15+ mile ride on my hybrid when the rest of the girls have road bikes.  There was one other newbie who was on a mountain bike so at least I was DFL with her!! I am still hoping to get to the bike shop this weekend to test out some bikes and get one ordered.  I don't think I will be riding with the girls again until I am on my roadie! 

I am mentally getting ready for my 11 mile run tomorrow.  The furthest I have done yet is 10.  I keep telling myself it is just one more mile.  I will do about 25 miles this week.  Next week is a rest week and I will be down to about 19.  After next week I will continue to increase my miles running more in a week than I have ever run.  I am excited and nervous about this.  Today is a day of many doubts!

2 comments:

  1. Group rides scare me...I still need to get to one. good for you for getting out there! Your 11 mile run will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new bike will make a difference, but I found that in my case (having had to learn to actually ride a bike), it did not make a difference. Putting in lots and lots of miles did. Hope you have a good long run!

    ReplyDelete