Tuesday, August 17, 2010

No one said this would be easy...

But this is damn hard!  I had a tough run this morning and I just wanted to quit!  I am following Matt Fitzgerald's marathon plan and today's run was a lactate run.  My run consisted of...

1 mile in Pace Zone 3
8 x 1 minute sprints with 1 minute recovery after each
1 mile in Pace Zone 3 (I did about 1.4 to round my run to 4 miles)

I know I will never run a race like this but I was ready to quit after the 4th sprint!  I kept telling myself that it has to get easier but I know it will just get harder as I get closer to the marathon!

3 comments:

  1. Great job getting through it! Eight sprints sounds tough...don't think I could do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is am awesome run, Meggan! And it's not true that it'll get harder as you get closer. It will either get easier, or it'll stay the same difficulty, but you'll just be able to do more/go further!

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice job! Things will get easier, because you'll get stronger!!

    ReplyDelete