Sunday, August 15, 2010

Weekend recap and a look at the week

This weekend ended up being a really good weekend! I was supposed to run Friday morning but I opted to stay in bed a little later than normal. I got up at 5:30 and knew I did not have time to run before L woke up. Instead I spent some time in the kitchen getting some meals prepped and in the freezer to make life easier for us! I figured out I have about 6-8 weeks of main courses in the freezer ready to pull out and toss in the oven.

Because I skipped the run, I thought I would run in the evening but I really did not feel like that at all. John and I took the boys to Kohls and did some clothes shopping for J for the fall and winter. I had a great coupon and did not want to pass on the savings. My Friday run was pushed to early Saturday morning before my ride with my tri club. I had a decent 5.5 mile run in and headed out at 6:30 to meet the girls at 7. I thought I knew where they met and I was mistaken so I headed home. I was bummed but will be more informed for next Saturday. I headed out with the boys, my mom, and my sister and did some more clothes shopping Saturday morning.

My aunt and uncle watched the boys Saturday evening so we could get out kid free. We had planned on dinner and then I read on Facebook (how else are people informed these days!) that John's buddies were playing poker so I gave him the ok to go. We went for an early dinner and then went our separate ways. He played poker and I went out for a few drinks with my lovely mother in law!! Had a blast and we need to do it more often.

Today involved shopping for some storage boxes to get the toy situation in our house under control. I just finished my 10 mile long run of the week and feel ok. My left achilles is hurting a little bit though. I guess an ice massage is in the plans for this evening!

The weekend was a great mixture of errands, family time, kid free time, and training. What more else can a busy mama ask for!!

My week ahead in training...

Monday...core work and strength training
Tuesday... 4.5ish mile Interval run
Wednesday...5.5 mile base run
Thursday...3.5ish mile lactate run
Thursday evening...swim at the Y
Friday...rest day!!
Saturday...bike with the tri club
Sunday...11 mile long run

The 11 mile long run will be the longest run I have done to date!

1 comment:

  1. HI Meggan, I found your blog whilst surfing around. I see that you are also doing the Philly marathon in November! I am starting to feel a bit concerned about it, so I will be dropping by to see how you are handling it. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete