Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sunday morning ramblings

This was not a great running week for me.  Luckily it was a rest week on my plan and it only called for 19-20 miles.  I came in short at a little more than 17 miles.  I skipped a run on Friday because my Achilles was acting up.  My plan calls for 28-30 miles this coming week.  I figured it was smarter to come up short on a rest week and give my Achilles a chance to heal so I can be right back at it for this week.  I do have to admit I am a little nervous about the upcoming week.  I think I have a 7 mile interval run, a 12 mile long run, and I am not sure about the other 2 runs.  I plan on doing the 7 on Monday and the 12 on Tuesday.  We will be heading back to the beach Wednesday evening so I will get the other 2 runs in down here.  It won't be a problem getting the runs in but I will have to deal with the heat and humidity. 

I am trying to get a few races in between now and the marathon in November.  I may do a 7 mile run next Sunday.  It really all depends on the weather.  I can register the morning of the race so it will be a last minute decision.  If it is crazy hot and humid, I will be skipping the race.  I am checking out a few sprint triathlons too but not sure what will fit into the family schedule.  I would really like to do another one this year on my new bike.  I was checking out the Philly Rock and Roll Half marathon next month but I can't justify spending over $100 right now for one race.  There is a low key 10 mile run in October I would like to do but again it depends on family.  The run usually starts at noon and I believe my niece's birthday party will be that day. 

We are having a nice lazy morning at the shore house right now.  I am not sure what time we are heading home but we normally do not stick around on Sundays.  I am ready to head home and get out on my new bike!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck next week. I had a rough week too - both achilles and right shin are acting up. I'm playing it safe and resting, hoping for the best. I think it's important to listen to your body.

    ReplyDelete