Tuesday, August 31, 2010

More Long Run Woes!

As a mom of two young boys, I always have to be flexible.  It has take some time to adjust to this but I try not to let it bother me too much anymore.  This time I believe it will work in my favor.  I had originally planned my long run for this evening after L went to bed.  That is not going to work out now.  My lovely husband had a colonoscopy today and is just a little off.  I feel bad leaving him to deal with getting J to bed by himself so I will put my long run off until the weekend.  I did not want to take 2 plus hours out of our long weekend at the beach for that run but now I will.  It will be a glorious 12 miles along the Jersey shore on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday.  I am hoping for Friday morning! 

So for the rest of my week...core workout tonight once I get L to bed.  Tomorrow calls for a 7 mile run and Thursday will be 5-6.  For once, the need to be flexible may just work in mama's favor!  Of course now I have a few more days to think about that 12 mile run!

2 comments:

  1. yeah! good luck and it will all work out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for vacations! And for contest wins... Congrats!

    http://running42km.blogspot.com/2010/09/mostly-wordless-wednesday-contest.html

    ReplyDelete