Thursday, August 12, 2010

My long run conspiracy

When I decided to train for a marathon, I made a promise to myself that I would do everything possible to get my training in when the kids were asleep. Most runs are super early before the boys wake up. Some are during naptime and some are in the evening after L goes to bed. I really don't enjoy the nighttime runs anymore and try to avoid them at all costs. I have been pretty good about running early in the morning but I am having a hard time figuring out my long run. My husband is gone most mornings before I even wake up to run. It means most of my runs are on the treadmill but what is a busy mama supposed to do!

The long run...I have a few options. 1. Pick a day and I run after L is in bed. 2. Do it on the weekends and let them have some daddy/kid time. 3. Run on the weekend, do what I can on the treadmill and then when L wakes up, toss him in the BOB and finish on the road.

Option 1 has not worked the past two weeks! I think it is a conspiracy and everyone knows I really don't want to run at night anymore! Last week I was going to run 8 miles Wednesday night but L gave us a hard time going to sleep and it was too late to run. Last night I was going to run 10 after he went to bed but instead I spent well over 2 hours looking for the jacket to J's karate uniform. Still can't find it and he needs to wear it tonight for his first ever belt test! They don't have to wear the jacket during the summer for class and he just started 2 months ago. I have to call Kyoshi today and hope I can borrow or buy him a new one today!! Mother of the year I tell you!!

I hate the idea of Option 2. I don't want to lose a few hours on the weekend with my family! I work full time and want to be with them on the weekends.

I may give Option 3 a try this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I was in the same position over the long runs. I made a deal with my husband, I would head out very early Saturday mornings, and he would have time with the kids. Then he gets to sleep in on Sundays...so far, so good!

    ReplyDelete