Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Some thoughts on this rainy Wednesday

This week's question for the Distance Dreamers is "Do you run with other people - who, where, when and why (or why not)?"

I have not run with other people yet.  I am going to start biking Saturday mornings with my tri club after Labor Day.  I do not think I will ever run with anyone but I may change my mind.  I have incredibly flat feet.  I was fitted by a friend for orthotics back in January and he laughed when he looked at the mold.  He told me that I may just have the worst feet he has ever seen!  Because of my flat feet, I tend to have issues with my Achilles.  My fear of running with other people is that I would run faster or farther than planned and have another flare up with my Achilles.  I hope that someday that may change and I can run with some of the women in my tri club.

It is pretty miserable here this morning.  My alarm went off at 4:30 and I heard the rain pelting the windows and roof.  Even though John was already gone for work and my run was on the treadmill, it was a nice morning to sleep a little later.  No big deal!  Or so I thought!  My little Ironman and Superman (I may have to start referring to them like this now!) got on my last nerve this morning.  I strongly believe I had no patience for them because I did not run this morning.  I started to run 2 years ago because my trainer told me to.  I continued to run because it was the one thing that really helped my post partum depression (PPD).  Superman is now 2 years old so I guess I can't call it PPD anymore but I still issues now and then.  I also have a hard time taking a true rest day because I know it affects my mood.  Running and some kind of exercise makes me a much happier mama!

And I thought I would add a few pics of my boys to brighten my rainy day!





3 comments:

  1. I like to run with people - but certain people. I have a couple best friends (my Sole Sisters) that I can run with and not feel pressure to be fast, pretty, or anything. We talk sometimes, we all plug into music sometimes, we run together, we take off......no hurt feelings and no baggage. I also like to run group runs with people I don't know well because I don't feel pressure to talk or be fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice Gi...where's the belt (or Obi as it is called)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! That pic was when he first got his Gi but they had not given him his belt yet. I think they had to order some new ones. He just tested for his double yellow stripe! He is just a little guy and the Little Dragos go one stripe and then 2 stripes. He is love it. Do you do martial arts?

    ReplyDelete